Today everyone is looking for new ways to save money, and we are all concerned about the environment. I have found 8 easy ways to cut spending and help the planet at the same time.
So here are a few tips on how to save money while you are going green.
- Stop buying bottled water! The bottles are hard to recycle, it’s expensive, and you can still carry water with you, just purchase a reusable bottle.
- Plant plants that would naturally grow in your area. This keeps you from having to water all the time to keep them alive.
- Change to a low-flow shower head. You won’t lose water pressure and you will save money on your water bill.
- Wash your clothes in cold water! The majority of electric used during the wash is to heat the water.
- Go to the Library! There is no need to purchase a book or a movie to watch it one time. Go borrow it from the library and save the money and the paper, packaging, and the ink that would be used to produce another copy.
- Buy used or Refurbished! It is always good to get a deal, and buying used keeps stuff out of landfills.
- Donate!!! Just because you don’t want it doesn’t mean it’s trash. There are plenty of people who want your old computer, printer, cell phone, clothes, televisions, tools, books, ect. Don’t think because you can’t or won’t use it no one else will.
- Recycle/Reuse! We all know we need to recycle paper and plastic, but you can now recycle cell phones, computers, and TVs. Don’t let them go to the landfill.
By using these hints you may be able to make some small changes in your habits and make a big difference in your wallet and the world!!