- There are more than 350 million cartridges thrown away every year in the United States.
- Recycling your toner cartridges decreases the amount of plastic, aluminum, rubber, and steel that goes to landfills each year.
- About a gallon of oil is burned to make a one new toner cartridge.
- A used cartridge can be remanufactured up to 4 times saving up to 3 quarts of fuel each time.
- It is estimated that 100 million laser printer cartridges and 400 million ink jet printer cartridges are produced each year.
- Remanufacturing these 500 million cartridges will save an estimated 4 million cubic feet of landfill space.
- In the next seven years, if all laser and inkjet cartridges are saved from landfills, a bridge can be built from the Earth to the Moon – 223,000 miles.
- The Plastic used in a typical cartridge is made of engineering-grade polymers and takes at least 1,000 years to decompose.