“I can’t believe I waited until the last minute on this project! Oh well I’m almost done; I just need to make copies for everyone now. What the… why won’t it work? Oh come on, could my day get any worse?!?”
Have you ever had this happen to you? I know I have! A rough day definitely isn’t made any easier by malfunctioning office equipment. So what can you do? There are a few things you can try, they may even get you back up and running without a (sometimes costly) call to your service provider.
- Stay Calm – being upset will NOT help you fix the machine!
- Check the machine for jams. If you find one, carefully remove it (preferably in one piece). Note from the tech: look in your copier for green knobs with arrows on them, turn the knobs in the direction of the arrow to facilitate paper jam removal. Don’t just yank on the paper and if you are going to pull on the paper ALWAYS pull it in the direction the paper feeds!
- Open and close all the doors on the machine. Make sure they are completely closed. This step can reset sensors on the machine.
- Turn the copier off, wait 60 seconds and turn it back on.
- Unplug the copier, wait 2 minutes, plug it back in.
- Call your technician.
Obviously depending on the problem this is not a permanent fix for all bad copy machine mo-jo, but it may just help you get through that really important copy job.
If you need a service technician in the Fort Myers, FL area feel free to call me at JetScape 239-481-1272. Need advice on what your next step should be; shoot me an email email@example.com and I’ll get right back to you.